Your kids have written their letters to Santa and now you’re probably wondering how you’re going to get a letter from Santa back to them.
I’ve got you covered with my free editable letter from Santa template and my done-for-you letter from Santa.
I’ll also tell you how you can get your letter from Santa sent to your child for free.
Also, don’t forget to grab one of my free Santa letter envelopes to put your letter from Santa in and make it more official!
If your kids haven’t written their letter to Santa yet, be sure to get one of my super cute letter to Santa templates for them to send to Santa Claus.
Your kids will feel so special when they get this personalized letter from Santa in the mail.
You can make Christmas morning extra special with my FREE PRINTABLE SANTA FOOTPRINT STENCILS to make Santa’s boot prints on your floor.
*Please note that watermarks are on these images only. No watermarks will be present on your PDF.*
I also have a bunch of pre-written letters from Santa here if you want a done for you Santa letter.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here if you’d like to read the boring details.
DON’T MISS MY OTHER CHRISTMAS POSTS TO MAKE IT MORE MAGICAL!
- EDITABLE GIFT TAGS FROM SANTA
- LETTERS FROM SANTA
- SANTA LETTER ENVELOPES
- NAUGHTY LIST LETTERS
- NICE LIST CERTIFICATES
- HOW TO MAKE MAGIC REINDEER FOOD
- CHRISTMAS BOOKMARKS
- CHRISTMAS WORD SEARCH
- CHRISTMAS STENCILS
- CHRISTMAS LIGHT TEMPLATES
- PRINTABLE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- CHRISTMAS DOOR HANGERS FREE PRINTABLE
- CHRISTMAS UNICORN COLORING PAGES
- ELF COLORING PAGES
- CANDY COLORING PAGES
- TEACHER CHRISTMAS CARDS
How To Print And Use The Editable Letter From Santa Template
- Click the link or image to open the editable PDF.
- Once the editable Santa letter template has opened, you’ll see a large light blue square where you can write your Santa letter. You can type right inside this blue box or write by hand if you prefer.
- Under the the large square you’ll see two smaller light blue rectangles. The top one is for a sign off like “Love,” or “Your Friend,”. The second rectangle is where you can sign Santa’s name. This is set to type a font that looks like a signature.
- Once you’ve finished typing your letter, click the print icon in the top right corner. You can also save it to your computer with the save icon.
- If you have any trouble with the edges cutting off, change your print settings when the print menu pops up. Go to “More Settings” and then choose “Fit To Printable Area”.
This letter from Santa template is an editable PDF so you can fill in any message you want for your child. You can personalize it with their name and specific details about them and the letter they wrote to Santa.
If you need some inspiration for what to write in your letter from Santa, keep reading below. I have a fully written letter from Santa below with example copy you can use in your own letter and customize.
P.S. If you want to really surprise your kids on Christmas morning, they’ll be shocked to find this Santa button on the floor near their gifts.
This Santa shipping label from the North Pole is a great addition to surprise your kids with a package from Santa from the North Pole. It’s editable so you can add in your child’s address, Santa’s address and a special message. You can print these on half sheet mailing labels or on regular printer paper and tape them on.
I also made an elf shipping label for your Elf Mail deliveries as well as a Reindeer Mail shipping label. These are so fun to surprise your kids with a special package.
If you have an Elf On The Shelf for your kids, this bundle that includes an editable letter from Santa, elf goodbye letter, and Nice List certificate will help you out with some fun ideas for your elf.
If your little one needs a reminder to be nice this year, this mini editable Naughty List Warning is perfect for your Elf On The Shelf to deliver. It has the same Santa signature as the one you can type on the above letter from Santa.
If you’re not feeling so ambitious or creative, I created a ready made Santa letter for you to print out and send to your child.
This is a general note from Santa without anything customized, but it will still make your child feel special and feel like Santa got their letter they wrote to him.
This editable mini Nice List Certificate is perfect to have your Elf On The Shelf deliver to your child to let them know they’ve made the Nice List. It has the same Santa signature as the above letter from Santa with a line to type in your child’s name and a signature line to type in your elf’s signature.
And if your child hasn’t been so nice this year, have your elf bring this editable mini Naughty List Warning so they can get on the Nice List. It also has the same Santa signature as this letter to make it authentic and you can type in your child’s name and elf’s signature.
If you need inspiration for what to write in a letter from Santa Claus, feel free to copy and paste the example letter text below into the editable letter above so you can personalize it for your kids.
Example Letter From Santa (Copy & Paste Into Your Santa Letter)
Thank you so much for your letter!
The elves and I have been busy getting ready for Christmas Eve. Mrs. Claus has been keeping our bellies filled with cocoa and cookies while we work. She makes the best cookies. Yum!
I was so happy to see you on the Nice List! Keep up the good work! I’m really looking forward to visiting your house on Christmas Eve. I have something special for you!
Remember to always be kind to others and most importantly, be kind to yourself. You are so special. Keep the Christmas spirit all year long.
Thank you again for taking the time to write to me. I’ve got to go now to get my sleigh ready for the big night. See you soon!
How To Have A Letter From Santa Sent To Your Child For Free
The United States Post Office has a program set up so a child can send a letter to Santa and get a letter back in the mail from Santa Claus.
Here’s how the letter from Santa program works:
- Your child writes a letter to Santa and puts it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- You use one of the templates above to create a letter from Santa to your child.
- Insert both letters into an envelope, and address it to your child.
- Put the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, on the envelope.
- Put a First-Class Mail stamp on the envelope.
- Place the entire envelope into a larger envelope (like one of the big yellow ones), with appropriate postage, and address it to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
Santa’s helpers in Anchorage Alaska recommend getting your letters in the mail by December 7th so your child can get their letter from Santa in time for Christmas.
You can get all the details for how this works on the USPS website.
And if they need a reminder to be nice, these Naughty List Letters will get them on their best behavior. There are even mini ones your Elf On The Shelf can deliver.
OTHER POSTS TO MAKE MAGICAL MEMORIES:
- FREE PRINTABLE LETTERS FROM SANTA
- EDITABLE LETTER FROM SANTA
- SANTA FOOTPRINT STENCIL
- EDITABLE GIFT TAGS FROM THE NORTH POLE
- HOW TO MAKE MAGIC REINDEER FOOD
- SANTA STOP HERE DOOR HANGERS
- TOOTH FAIRY LETTERS