I’ve been spending a lot of time working on my printable library for this blog so I can offer my loyal readers some free printable wall art! As I was creating all the fun stuff, I thought it would be fun to also show you some ideas on how to use them other than just printing on photo paper or card stock. They look amazing printed on paper and framed, but there are so many other ways you can use printable wall art. I thought making some DIY burlap signs would be fun to show you how to print on burlap.
Today I’m going to show you how to print on burlap using your inkjet printer to make DIY burlap signs!
Let me just say, I didn’t know how easy easy it was going to be to print on burlap. I had visions of trying to pull burlap out of my printer strand by strand if this went wrong. I’m happy to say that it worked like a charm and came out perfectly!
Before we get to it, make sure you get access to my library of free printable wall art to make your DIY burlap signs! You won’t be disappointed!
Are you ready?!
Here’s what you need for your DIY burlap signs:
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
- Freezer Paper
- Burlap or 8.5″ x 11″ Printable Burlap Sheets
- Inkjet Printer and Ink
- 8 x 10 Frame or 8.5 x 11 Frame
- Use a piece of paper or cardstock to cut your freezer paper and burlap to 8.5 x 11 inches.
- The freezer paper has a matte side and a shiny side. You want the shiny side against your burlap. Then use a hot iron to fuse the freezer paper and burlap together. Be sure to leave the paper part of the freezer paper attached for now. This will allow the burlap to go through your printer without getting caught.
- Now you just need to load the burlap and freezer paper into your printer as you would any other paper and print your design.
- After printing, carefully remove the freezer paper from the burlap.
- Use the mat or backing of your picture frame to trim your burlap if you’re using an 8 x 10 frame. Be sure you cut the edges so the design is centered!
- Place the printed burlap design into your frame and hang it!
Voila! You’ve just created your very own unique DIY burlap sign! The best part is you can use this technique for so many occasions…wedding signs, party decorations, home decor and more.
If you know someone else who would love to know how to print on burlap and make DIY burlap signs, please share this!
Get your free printables here!
Other Posts You Might Like