How To Start A Blog On WordPress
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
I really enjoy blogging and am starting to make an income from it so I wanted to share with you how to start a blog of your own. It’s an amazing way to work in an area you’re passionate about and let your creativity flow! Plus you can have your own blog for only a few dollars a month. I’ve included a discount price below for Bluehost AND you get a free domain when you use my link. I’m not sure how long they will offer this pricing so don’t wait too long and miss out!
Click here to start your blog on WordPress and then continue on with the tutorial below for the super easy directions to get your blog up and running in no time!
If you want a cheap option for getting your blog set up, Bluehost is the best decision you could make. I’ve been using their services since I started this blog a year ago and my experience has been amazing. Their customer service is super helpful if you ever run into an issue and they even have an online chat for customer service. I love when companies offer that because sometimes I don’t feel like sitting on hold to talk to an actual person for a quick question.
Blogging has been a great way for me to make some extra income and have a flexible schedule. Anyone can do this! You can do it as your full-time job or just blog in your free time.
You can get your blog started for only $3.95 a month (special price through my link only). You’ll also get a FREE domain (worth $15) if you sign up for a 12 month plan or longer. I actually signed up for the 36 month option because you get a super crazy discount plus your domain renewal for the duration is free (that’s a $45 savings on top of the deep discount they give you for signing up for 36 months)!
Now let’s chat about free blogging sites. I know you’re probably thinking “I can just set up a free blog on Blogger or Blogspot”. Well, my friend, that would be a huge mistake. I researched this a lot before starting my blog. It is extremely difficult and often impossible to make money from your blog if you use a free platform. If that’s not a good enough reason, your blog doesn’t belong to you with the free sites. So they can shut you down and make your blog disappear any time they want. You’ll also look much more professional if you have your own WordPress blog and be much more impressive to companies you may want to work with.
Here’s what I love about Bluehost:
- Super simple for ANYONE to set up their own WordPress blog. You don’t need to have a bunch of technical knowledge. Just use my tutorial below.
- WordPress through Bluehost is FREE!
- Amazing customer service and technical support.
- It’s extremely affordable.
- You get a FREE domain!
- You will have a self-hosted site that will appear much more professional and no one can shut you down any ol’ time they want.
- You can make money from you blog because it is self-hosted.
Click here to get started with your blog on Bluehost with my discount offer. Then continue with my tutorial below on how to start a blog on WordPress.
How To Start A Blog On WordPress Through Bluehost
Purchase hosting for your blog.
Let me tell you how to start a blog on Bluehost. It is so easy!
- The Basic Plan is all you really need to get started. Using my link will get you the most affordable price. You can always upgrade your plan later if you want to, but for getting started, the Basic Plan is perfect.
- I would recommend getting Domain Privacy Protection. This is so that your contact information stays safe.
- You don’t need any of the other items so you can just uncheck any of the extras that are listed.
- Remember, if you sign up using my link, then you will get your domain for free if you purchase a 12 month or longer blog hosting plan.
- You should go with at least a 12 month plan to avoid having to renew your blog every month. If you forget to renew, your site will be down and you’ll lose all your traffic and possibly money. Plus I’m all about saving money. Month-to-month just works out to be so much more expensive.
When you are ready to create your blog, follow the steps below to buy hosting for your blog.
- Go to Bluehost and click the “Get Started Now” button.
- Click on the package you are interested in.
- Enter your domain name you would like to use or get a new domain. You’ll need to think about what you want your blog to be called. I went with my name because at first I didn’t know exactly what direction I was going with my blog. Choosing my name gave me the ability to change my blog topic if I needed to. Choose something you’re going to want to use for the life of your blog (hopefully forever).
- Enter your personal and payment information.
- Next you will enter a password.
2. Install WordPress on Bluehost
Here’s the exciting part! If you want to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost, here’s where you do that.
It’s really simple to set up a WordPress blog on Bluehost.
- After you create your password, Bluehost takes you through step-by-step what you need to do to start a blog.
- Bluehost will ask you to pick a theme. There are lots of free ones or you can buy one that you really like. I would recommend going with a free one at this point and play around with it until you figure out how you want your blog to look and what features you need.
- Click on “Start Building”
- On the next screen, you can choose “Business” or “Personal” or you can click the “I don’t need help.”
You officially have your own WordPress blog!!!!!
Now that you know how to start a blog, you’ll need to set up how everything appears and get busy writing some amazing content! You won’t want to miss my post on how you can easily set up your blog. It covers how I was struggling to get my blog to look and act how I wanted and how I overcame the technical challenges.
I hope your blog is a huge success!