Nurses do so much for other people. They truly have a caring heart. If you know a nurse and are wanting to give a DIY gift for nurses week that is inexpensive and practical, these nurse notepads are the perfect idea. These DIY tear off notepads are perfect for nurse appreciation week or day or as a nursing school graduation gift. They are cute to give as a stand alone gift or add them to a gift basket for a special touch.
I’ve got to tell you that these are SO easy to make. You only need a few supplies and a few minutes to make this DIY gift for nurses week. You probably have most of the supplies at home.
This post contains affiliate links which means that when you buy through one of my links I get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog! Please see my disclosure for more information.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these DIY tear off notepads for nurses:
- Printer paper
- Scissors or a Paper Cutter
- Padding Compound (This stuff goes a long way. So a small bottle will make a lot of notepads.)
- Small paint brush
- Free printable nurse notepad templates
- Binder clips or clothespins
- Poster board or cereal box
Click the image for the nurse notepad printable you want to print and you will be taken to a printable version.
Here’s how to make your DIY gift for nurses week:
- Print out the nurse notepad pages of your choice with your printer. I recommend printing at least 50 pages which will give you 100 pages for your notepad since there are 2 on each printer paper page.
- Cut out the pages for the DIY tear off notepad . If you’re making a lot of these notepads, you may want to get a paper cutter. Otherwise scissors will work just fine.
- Cut a piece of poster board that is the same size as your notepad pages. This will be the back of your notepad.
- Once you have the pages all cut out, stack them on top of the piece of poster board and tap the top edge against a counter or other flat surface to get all of the edges flush.
- Hold firmly while you place the binder clips or clothespins one on each side near the top of the stack to hold the pages in place.
- Wet your paint brush and remove the excess water.
- Dip your paint brush into the padding compound and brush a generous coat on the top edge of your stack of pages starting from the middle and working your way to the edges. If any goes over any of the edges, wipe it off with your finger or a paper towel. Allow this coat to dry.
- Once the first coat is dry, apply a second coat in the same way and allow to dry completely. You can add more coats if you’d like, but I found 2 coats to work best for regular paper. If there’s too much, it’s hard to tear off the pages.
And now you have the perfect DIY gift for nurses week, nurses appreciation day, or nursing school graduation!
If you love this DIY tear off notepad for nurses tutorial, please share it on social media!
Here are some other DIY posts you might like: