Nail art is one of my favorite things EVER! After 19 years of being a nail tech, I’ve tried just about everything. There are so many nail art supplies and techniques out there it can be confusing on what supplies you need. Today I’m going to share with you a few of my favorite must-have nail art supplies to create beautiful designs without spending a fortune.
This post contains affiliate links. For more info see my disclosure.
- Migi Nail Pens–These are on my nail art must-have list because they are so easy to use! You can make dots, lines and draw so easily with the fine tip end. The opposite end has a brush so you can polish your nails with the colors as well. The colors are very pigmented so they work perfectly for nail art designs. There’s nothing worse than a color that looks watery for nail art.
- A set of striping and nail art Brushes. These brushes have a super fine tip to paint even the tiniest designs. The brushes with the long bristles are perfect for making stripes in one quick stroke. It makes stripes so simple and easy.
- Dotting Tools are my next must-have nail art tool. All you have to do is pick what size you want you dots to be, dip the tip of the tool in paint or nail polish and touch it to your nail. Perfect dots every time!
- Glitter! If you know anything about me, you know I love glitter! There are tons of different glitters you can use for nail art, but the best ones are fine glitter in most cases. It creates a pretty sparkly look without being too chunky. This Glitter Set is one of my favorite affordable multi- color sets. It has just about every color you could want and a lot of metallic colors which I love for nails (more sparkle!)
- My last but not least item is a Nail Stamper. These make it so simple to get very intricate designs that look amazing without having to free hand paint it for hours. They take a little practice to get the hang of but once you do, you’ll love them. I’ll be doing some tutorials in the future with some tips and tricks for using these.
Of course there are so many more that are super fun but I feel like these are a few of the basics that will get anyone on the road to creating some fun nails without being a nail tech or spending a fortune.