I’ve been spending a lot of time working on my printable library for this blog so I can offer my loyal readers some free printable wall art! As I was creating all the fun stuff, I thought it would be fun to also show you some ideas on how to use them other than just printing on photo paper or card stock. They look amazing printed on paper and framed, but there are so many other ways you can use printable wall art.
Today I’m going to show you a super simple way to use your printable wall art by printing on burlap!
Let me just say, I didn’t know how easy this was going to be. I had visions of trying to pull burlap out of my printer strand by strand if this went wrong. I’m happy to say that it worked like a charm and came out perfectly!
Before we get to it, make sure you get access to my library of free printable wall art! You won’t be disappointed!
Are you ready?!
Here’s what you need to make your printable wall art:
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
- Freezer Paper(You can find this in the section with the plastic wrap at the grocery store)
- Burlap or you can get these 8.5 x 11 burlap sheets and save yourself the trouble of cutting your burlap
- Inkjet Printer & Ink
- 8 x 10 Frame or 8.5 x 11 Frame
- Use a piece of paper or cardstock to cut your freezer paper and burlap to 8.5 x 11 inches.
- The freezer paper has a matte side and a shiny side. You want the shiny side against your burlap. Then use a hot iron to fuse the freezer paper and burlap together. Be sure to leave the paper part of the freezer paper attached for now. This will allow the burlap to go through your printer without getting caught.
- Now you just need to load the burlap and freezer paper into your printer as you would any other paper and print your design.
- After printing, carefully remove the freezer paper from the burlap.
- Use the mat or backing of your picture frame to trim your burlap if you’re using an 8 x 10 frame. Be sure you cut the edges so the design is centered!
- Place the printed burlap design into your frame and hang it!
Voila! You’ve just created your very own unique printable wall art!
Be sure to get your free printables!
If you need some more wall art inspiration, be sure to see this post too.