Hi there! I’m Cassie and I’m so excited that you’ve found my little piece of the internet! I have always had a creative mind. As a nail technician for 19 years, I was able to put that creativity to good use. In 2014 my boyfriend and I moved from Phoenix to New Mexico. I decided not to continue doing nails, but I found myself a bit lost. I started looking for a creative outlet. At the end of 2015, we bought a fixer upper and I realized my passion for creating cool home projects on a budget. I decided to create a blog that would allow me to express all of my creative passions and love for saving money.
What You Can Expect To See On My Money Saving DIY Blog
If you spend enough time here, you’ll discover that I REALLY LOVE glitter, bold colors and prints, and making something new out of old rundown things. This blog is my way to share my love of crafting and home décor through easy to follow tutorials and share how I’m saving money on our projects, sticking to a budget and cutting costs in as many areas as we can. I hope that it will inspire you to start your own frugal living journey and stir your creativity for your DIY home projects on a budget.
Why I Blog About How To Make Money From Home
I have owned my own small business since I was 19 years old. I was a self-employed nail technician for 18 years as well as owning a salon for 4 years. During that time, I learned creative ways for marketing my business. Now that we’ve moved, I wanted to still continue to be an entrepreneur and make money from home. With my love of crafts, I decided to start this blog and start my own handmade business and sell my items on Etsy. I enjoy sharing my tips on how I make money blogging and selling on Etsy to inspire others to create their own business and make money online from home. I don’t only share my Etsy and blogging successes though. I also share what didn’t work, so you can avoid the same mistakes. My goal is to inspire people who want to make an income working from home whether it’s just a mom who just wants to make a little extra cash or an entrepreneur who wants to make a full time or part time income online.
A Few Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
- I love emojis 😃❤. They’re just so cute! What’s not to love?!
- I’ve had a lot of different hair colors…brunette, blonde, black with bright red, and black with purple. I’m currently brunette, but that probably won’t last long! By the way, blondes do have more fun!
- I recently lost 50 pounds. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 10 years ago. I kept packing on the pounds and my health was in bad shape. I’ve taken some of the weight off and am feeling a lot better. I still have quite a bit that I’d like to lose. I’m working on learning to love exercise (But I’m not there yet. LOL). Follow my weight loss journey on my weight loss blog.
- I met my boyfriend John 12 years ago on a blind date set up by my friend’s husband and we’ve been inseparable since!
- I’m a dog mom to 2 crazy Pomeranians. My little girl is Pumpkin (the light colored one) and my little boy is Romeo (the dark one). They are totally nuts, but they bring me so much joy! My neighbors probably think I’m crazy because I talk to them like they are my children. 😜
- I have one younger sister who is so amazing! My best friend for life. And she’s crafty too! Did I mention we love photo booths?!
- I love cold weather!!! This girl was not made for the heat. Don’t even ask why I spent almost 30 years in Phoenix. I’m still trying to figure that out myself! Who knows, I may end up in Alaska one day.
Now that you know way more about me than you probably ever wanted to, where do we go from here? That depends on what you’re looking for. My Home Page has a few of my most recent posts.
I look forward to connecting with you! Please follow me on your favorite social media platform.